Little Known Secrets Of Beauty Salons
This article was written to answer many of the most frequently asked questions about beauty salons and hair stylists. I hope you find this information helpful. I begin with a story that I’m sure, speaks for many:
I’ll never forget how humiliated I was when I walked out of a beauty salon with my embarrassed husband in tow, slinking all the way through a mall just to get to our car and hide…..I couldn’t get out there fast enough! I immediately went home and washed my hair out and did it again. Color, cut and styling was a complete disaster! It was my first visit to a new beauty salon. I thought I had asked the right questions such as, “Is there a stylist there with experience working with natural curly hair?” Of course the answer was, “Yes.” I learned the person with experience was just out of school and this was her first job.
Have you gone through a similar experience? As a client, we expect to leave the beauty salon with a smile on our face, feel beautiful and be excited about our experience. It is my hope that similar situations can be prevented with a few tips:
– If you admire someone elses hair, ask them the name of their beauty salon and stylist. If not, then
– Is the beauty salon easy to get to from home or work?
– Inquire if the stylists have experience with your type of hair. For example, is your hair long, curly or straight.
– You can find reviews on the internet of beauty salons in your area by zip codes.
– How do you feel when you enter a beauty salon? Are you greeted right away? Is the salon clean and inviting?
– Are the staff dressed appropriately? Do they take care of their hair?
– You can provide pictures of hair styles you like to the stylist. There are also hairstyle magazines in all salons for you to check out.
– Do you enjoy being with your stylist?
– Does the stylist ask you what you would like and offer suggestions?
– Does the stylist discuss shampoos, conditioners or special treatments that would improve the health of your hair?
– Now you’re all ready for “the look.” Does the stylist give you the information you’ll need on how to maintain that style once you leave the salon?
If you can answer most of the questions to your satisfaction, then you’ve probably found a beauty salon and a hair stylist that will make you look fabulous. If not, get all of your information from the next beauty salon on your list. There is a talented hair stylist waiting just for you!
We have come to the end of my informational article. It’s now your turn to take this information and do something with it and then you can have a good hair day! Good luck and thanks for visiting.